Friday, October 30, 2009

MY FIRST TIME IN PORT ALFRED


My first time in Port Alfred


On the 26 of April, for the first time ever I went to Port Alfred. I have been in Grahamstown for 11 months now and ever since I got here I have been told that Port Alfred is one of the most beautiful places in Eastern Cape. As a Cape Tonian I have been missing the beach so I was determined to go to Port Alfred not only to smell the beach but to be able to say “I have also been to Port Alfred” and to experience it myself. I along with two of my friends, Loyiso and Noxolo, and her brother drove to Port Alfred for the night, it felt like a mini road trip. When we got there, we had supper at the hotel the Royal Guesthouse, and drove around taking pictures, but we couldn’t really site-see because the weather was terrible and most of the places were closed. We decided to create our own entertainment by playing games and swimming. It was not what I fully expected but I still had lots of fun, having my friends there really contributed to my experience and now I can give my own opinion about Port Alfred, which is that it’s indeed a beautiful place that is ideal for holiday getaways


No comments:

Post a Comment